Hi, I am Ahmet!
I am a software engineer at
Most of my work is open source, as I create tools and content for the cloud-native technologies and Kubernetes developer communities.
If you happen to speak Turkish, check out my YouTube channel, where I explain modern infrastructure and cloud-native technologies.
Recent open source projects
I build open source tools that help hundreds of thousands of developers around the world as part of my job. You can find them on my GitHub profile:
- kubectx↗ : A popular tool to alternate between Kubernetes clusters.
- krew↗ : Official plugin manager for kubectl.
- Google Cloud Run Button↗ : deploy any GitHub repo as a serverless app in one click (co-developed).
- Google microservices-demo↗ : Google Cloud’s reference app for demonstrating many cloud-native technologies.
- kubectl-tree↗ : A tool to explore Kubernetes object hierarchy.
- grpc-health-probe↗ : A gRPC health-check CLI for Kubernetes.
I worked at Microsoft Azure from 2012 to 2016. I delivered various open source projects for supporting the Linux ecosystem on Azure compute platform.
During my time at Microsoft, I have started and shipped projects like:
- Azure Go SDK
- Porting of Docker.exe client to Windows
- C#/.NET SDK for Docker
- ASP.NET Official Docker Image
- Azure Container Registry
- docker-machine for Azure