Hi, I am Ahmet!
I work as a software engineer at Twitter compute infrastructure and platform team, helping design the next generation of Twitter's internal compute.
In the past, I have worked for Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure, primarily on container-based cloud services and open source projects (see my prior work).
If you happen to speak Turkish, check out my YouTube channel, where I aim to advance discussions on infrastructure technologies and explain cloud-native concepts.
Recent articles on blog
- 09/2022 Pitfalls reloading files from Kubernetes Secret & ConfigMap volumes→
- 06/2021 Did we market Knative wrong?→
- 06/2021 Serving gRPC+HTTP/2 from the same Cloud Run container→
- 04/2021 My review of the System Design book→
- 04/2021 Deploying to Cloud Run with Go→
- 04/2021 Introducing runsd: Service discovery for Cloud Run→
- 04/2021 First look at GKE Autopilot→
- 03/2021 Building a high-scale chat server on Cloud Run→
- 02/2021 WebSockets best practices for Cloud Run
- 02/2021 Global services with Cloud Run (Terraform edition)→
I worked for Google Cloud from 2017 to 2021 on container-based developer services and platforms like Cloud Run and Kubernetes Engine (GKE). In addition to my internal work, I have built open source projects that help tens of thousands of developers around the world. Some examples from my GitHub profile:
- kubectx : a popular tool to alternate between Kubernetes clusters.
- krew : official plugin manager for kubectl.
- grpc-health-probe : a gRPC health-check tool for Kubernetes.
- Google microservices-demo : Google's reference app for demonstrating cloud-native technologies (also the top-starred GCP repo!)
- kubectl-tree : A tool to explore Kubernetes object hierarchy.
- runsd : missing service discovery layer for Google Cloud Run.
- Cloud Run Button : click-to-deploy any GitHub repo to Google Cloud Run.
I worked for Microsoft Azure from 2012 to 2016. I delivered various open source projects for supporting the Linux ecosystem on Azure compute platform.
During my time at Microsoft, I have started and shipped projects like:
- Azure Go SDK
- Porting of Docker.exe client to Windows
- C#/.NET SDK for Docker
- ASP.NET Official Docker Image
- Azure Container Registry
- docker-machine for Azure
Best way to get a hold of me is to DM me on Twitter. If that doesn't work out, email me at address