Hi, I am Ahmet!
I am a software engineer working at
Over the course of my career, I have developed notable open source tools with strong adoption in the cloud-native infrastructure space, around Kubernetes and serverless containers.
If you happen to speak Turkish, check out my YouTube channel, where I explain modern infrastructure and cloud-native technologies in simpler words.
- 06/2021 Did we market Knative wrong?→
- 06/2021 Serving gRPC+HTTP from a Go app on Cloud Run (and elsewhere)→
- 04/2021 My review of the System Design book→
- 04/2021 Deploying to Cloud Run with Go→
- 04/2021 Introducing runsd: Service discovery for Cloud Run→
- 04/2021 First look at GKE Autopilot→
- 03/2021 Building a high-scale chat server on Cloud Run→
- 02/2021 WebSockets best practices for Cloud Run
- 02/2021 Global services with Cloud Run (Terraform edition)→
- 02/2021 Building container images in Go→
Recent open source projects
I build open source tools that help hundreds of thousands of developers around the world as part of my job. You can find them on my GitHub profile:
- kubectx : A popular tool to alternate between Kubernetes clusters.
- krew : Official plugin manager for kubectl.
- Google microservices-demo : Official reference app for demonstrating many cloud-native technologies. Also the top-starred GCP repository.
- grpc-health-probe : A gRPC health-check CLI for Kubernetes.
- kubectl-tree : A tool to explore Kubernetes object hierarchy.
- runsd NEW! : Missing service discovery layer for Google Cloud Run.
- Google Cloud Run Button : click-to-deploy any GitHub repository to GCP.
I worked at Microsoft Azure from 2012 to 2016. I delivered various open source projects for supporting the Linux ecosystem on Azure compute platform.
During my time at Microsoft, I have started and shipped projects like:
- Azure Go SDK
- Porting of Docker.exe client to Windows
- C#/.NET SDK for Docker
- ASP.NET Official Docker Image
- Azure Container Registry
- docker-machine for Azure